2018年6月12日火曜日

A note to configure In-wall WiFi Accesspoint WAP-102S

I purchased 5 of In-Wall access point WAP-102S from PG-Direct. As of today, it is only 680JPY. I bought it by 980JPY :-(

According to the article, the AP does not offer any setting GUI. It only works as WiFi router, it can not be an access point. But  the catalogue says it is configurable.
After I tried, I could configure it to AP.



  1. Connect WAP-102S to PoE switch
  2. Turn on the switch of AP and wait a few minutes to boot
  3. Connect an ethernet cable to the jack in the front panel and get IP address by DHCP
  4. If the given IP address is in 192.168.1.0/24, access 192.168.1.1. User:admin Password:admin
  5. Configure

So far it is working perfectly and I am satisfied.


Here is pros and cons.
Pros:
  • Extremely competitive price
  • The web UI provides both Japanese and English menu
  • It seems to be based on  DD-WRT on MIPS. Can be a toy.

Cons:
  • Firmware update is less likely to be provided
  • No information on the internet
  • Heat. No crash yet, but I don't know if it can survive the hot summer in Japan.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿