Maybe because the software is originally developed on Windows, some part of its behavior is not unix-style.
- logs are saved in the same directory as the binary locates
- config file is saved in the same directory as the binary locates
And no ebuild in the gentoo portage exists. That's why I make my portage overlay.
It is available at my github repository.
The ebuild includes several patches that I think not appropriate to merged in mainline.
- pid file and log file are saved in /var/run and /var/log/softeher respectively.
- disable override /proc/sys/kernel/threads-max setting
- activate all features including X.509 authentication that are disabled on original source
How to use my overlay:
- emerge layman
- enable the line of "overlay_defs" in /etc/layman/layman.cfg
- wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/yTakatsukasa/misc/master/layman/yutetsu.xml -O /etc/layman/overlay/yutetsu.xml
- layman -a yutetsu
How to install softether-vpnAfter my overlay is enabled,
# emerge softether-vpn
# rc-update add vpnserver
# /etc/init.d/vpnserver start
Then configure the vpnserver. I recommend to use Server Management program on windows to configure the server.